Saturday, September 6, 2008

eBay Winner?

Is that an oxymoron? I mean, I didn't actually win anything...it's not like its free...yeah, I won the bidding...I came in first...but, I still have to pay for it...so, did I really win? Hmmm.

What am I talking about? A new 20'' wide flat screen monitor, making my set up from a uni to a dual-monitor set up.

Proudly sitting on my desk is an additional 20" Samsung 905BW SyncMaster. Luckily, I bought a video card that has dual digital cable outlets to support the two monitors. I think I saved maybe $50-$60 getting it off eBay; the description says slightly used, but I don't know...the box looked like it was never opened!

I guess now I can commit the ultimate online-poker sin and browse the internet, check email, or whatever else you can do with dual screens while playing poker online.

UPDATE: Although I had this set up a few years ago for work related reasons, it took me a couple of hours to get used to the omnipresence of the two screens - it's like being 12" from a giant flat-screen television . At any rate, the two combined screens kicks major ass and I don't see myself using no less.

No comments: