Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Table Selection & Building Your Bank Roll Tips

(I don't share too many secrets here - not that I'm the greatest or most successful plare. But I think I may start documenting some of them for the purpose of this blog, so that I may look back on it and see how I have developed as a player.)

I played last night.

I find it much easier to play at a 10 seat table lately than a 6 seat table especially when there are maybe 1-3 people there initially. I'll sit in when the player have 60% or less in chips than the max buy-in, and if someone is there w/ more I'll sit to his immediate left and make him a target. Usually, all these players are extremely weak and chase every draw no matter the odds. I'll buy in for maybe the same masking my aggression or confidence level (I feel that the max buy in crowd feel more comfortable in the game and have a smidget more skill than the super fish, or tend to bully the shorter stacks) - chip stacks at these levels are an illusion.

Once the are more than 5-6 people at a 10 seat table, or once the 6 seat table fills up, I re-evaluate how the players are playing. The texture of the table is a constant factor w/ this strategy: Did they adjust to me and tighten up? Are there tougher customers at the table now? Are my profits still flying in or is it harder to make the cash now?

If I feel the answer is yes, to any of these questions I either leave immediately or start to hunt for a new table and leave when the BB comes to me, and start the process all over again. Staying away from tougher competition, tough decisions, and hunting for the fish is a win-win situation.

I think I've noticed too, other players do this. You will almost always know who they are by their initially bankroll. They'll either have a max or close to max buy-in, or more than the buy-in. Be careful of these players, for they are either lucky or have some amount of skill, so know your game when (if) you play them.

I've done this many time over and have built a bankroll to lock in profits quickly and w/out big risk. This has worked for me time and time again and profits have been in the 100's of percent.

No comments: