Thursday, October 9, 2008

Suck Out Saturday

The title says it all. I lost a little over a fifth of my bankroll. Fortunately, on Friday I won about a fifth, so I guess I gave that back with interest. But, I know what went on. You see, I can't blame them: those mysterious people you don't see, don't know, but know are there influencing every move, every situation to your demise. Them!!!

I decided long ago that what happens to me is in part (maybe, all) due to my actions, and my thoughts. My decisions is what gets me where I am and where I am not. Nothing else. You see, by adopting this philosophy I give up my destiny to no one, no control over to know one - it's all me baby!

So, forget the fish, the coolers, the cards...it's you and how you play.

I found a hole in my game. A huge disgusting gapping gap, at least for these micro-levels. It's the hand selection, but more so the failure of releasing a hand when trouble starts to brew. Most time I get involved in a large pot or put most of my chips at risk is when I compromise my bankroll. They say that you can unravel what you did for 9 hours of perfect play in a half and hour of bad play. True.

Last night, I started making the same mistake of chasing flush draws and straights and committing more chips when my status in the hand was questionable. Next time just fold, and chose better spots.

So finally, my senses kicked in and I started to make back most of my loses by small balling and steering from trouble.

No comments: