Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bad Software = Bad Players

I read this over at F Train:
Iggy had a theory, once upon a time, that good poker players abhor bad online poker clients. As a result, he felt that the softest games were at the places that had the most god-awful interfaces. I think Pacific Poker was one of his favorites.


This may hold some weight (I used to play over at Pacific Poker as well and the play was a donkland). Now, it is true that all sites have bad players, but this statement is to say that the very worst players are at the very worst sites. If you read 2+2 regularly, you will find out very shortly which sites are the preferred.

Currently, Bodog happens to be my favorite site. 2+2'ers abhor it, but I adore it. They hate the interface, probably stemming from that it does not easily comply with the arsenal of software that most serious internet poker players use. Another well complained about feature is that Bodog opens a max of 3 tables (I think the table limitation may have been lifted to 4?).

A theory is a theory, but like I said there are bad players everywhere. And if I believe there is a common waterhole variable in common for bad players, then that's where I'll be. Why not? Aren't we in this game to exploit the very worst players? I think so.

No comments: