Monday, November 3, 2008

What This Blog Is

...what it is is mine. The longer I've had this poker blog the more I have thought about what purpose it serves. And semi-selfishly, I have to admit that it serves me! I've had a commercial blog already that started out as my view point and developed into a semi-influential political blog that still runs today (I am collecting blogads from it and currently have a guest writer who's not doing a bad job).

When one looks at blogs like Wicked Chops, Tao of Poker, or Guinness and Poker it gives a fellow blogger much to desire after. They have the traffic and authority. But that's not me. Not that there's nothing wrong with it; I'm just saying that's not what I want to do.

This blog is to server my own personal purpose, for me to look over years later and possibly show anyone else who is interested. That's it - nada mas. It's for me as a developing poker player (more on that later). With this statement I think I serve to be true to myself and my readers (if there are any regulars - lol).

No comments: