Sunday, January 18, 2009

Defining Moments

Success is not an independent event, but a result of decisions and actions that have transpired over a period of time. If you are lucky, there's a special moment when you have a revelation of sorts and something clicks in your head (aka., 'aha moment') resulting in a quantum leap of your understanding and outlook.

About 11 months ago, I was fortunate to be reading Card Player Magazine (more fortunate was that it's delivered free to my job and I know the guy in the mail room). So, after reading this article my game was never the same. I stopped playing my cards and started to play my opponent's cards. HUGE! It really opened up my game and it was never the same. It's titled Three no-limit hold'em 'giveaways' and should be read by anyone serious about poker.

No comments: