Friday, January 30, 2009

Going On Tilt And Playing Bigger Games

I really have to control myself. I went on mega-tilt the other night and crept up to the .25/.50 & $1/$2 levels. No worries though - I survived. But, I made a huge mistake by doing that and put a larger portion of my bankroll at risk while already on a downswing.

The play at those levels is really not that much different than the lower levels. One key thing is that if you are not used to those levels, you may find some of the bets and stacks intimidating. The only way around this is to see bets not as monetary values, but multiples of the blinds or pots: he bet the pot, instead of he bet $100; she bet 4x the blind instead of a $8 raise...etc. This way your emotions are not part of your game.

With all that being said, I am now back to the correct table dictated by my bankroll.

No comments: