Monday, February 2, 2009

Running Bad

Aka., variance. Unfortunately, I know how this fellow feels:

...my feeling is right now that I am the unluckiest poker player in the world over the last 10+ months. I mean I truly have no fucking idea how I can run so bad all the time.
Fortunately, I am at peace now w/ losing - it's part of the game. My all-in KK, earlier today ran into AA...oh well, it happens.

Off of Two+Two, someone makes this comment in reply to the above:

Those lucky few who HAVE gone through this (>6 months of constant butt****ing) know exactly how he feels.

For those who HAVEN'T gone through it, his post probably sounds incredibly whiny. But you can't possibly understand until you go through it. Seriously. Most of you never will. Be very, very happy.
We all go through it - some worse than others, but I say that w/ a grain of salt as over time most things balance out. The only thing to do is to start grind it out, shut the fuck up and play your best game.

No comments: