Sunday, August 10, 2008

Following Instinct: Stealing Blinds

By instinct, I've always stole blinds in cash games. Some feel that that is a move for tournaments or SNG's; being part of a strategy for staying ahead of ever increasing blinds, and since there is no pressure in cash games of being "blinded-out" then there is no reason to prompt this behavior. But they would be wrong.

Stealing blinds is part of cash games:
I’ll admit it: I’m a ruthless, heartless, helpless, hopeless, habitual blind thief. I stole blinds when I played limit hold’em, I stole blinds when I played tournaments, I steal blinds when I play no-limit hold’em. I’ve stolen blinds from my eight-year-old cousin and from an 85-year-old great-grandmother. I steal blinds when I’m playing my 16/9 full-ring TAG game and I steal blinds when I’m playing my 35/20 6-max LAG game. I’ve always stolen blinds, and I always will.


As for instinct? Always follow it.

No comments: