Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Little Background

I think a little bio is due here.

This blog was created with the mindset to keep track of my poker game. I've played on a lot of sites: Bodog, PokerStars, FullTilt, UB, Titan, ParadisePoker (my first site). Currently, I have live accounts on UB, Bodog, and PS.

A few months ago, Bodog allowed me to transfer over some points (from previously play), into real cash that amounted to a whopping $5. Over the course of 90 days, I made that $5 into $500 playing micro limits. Not bad.

This is not my first time having real money on a site so by far, it's not a claim of being one of those wonders who deposited a few bucks and made it into thousands. I have made however, $100 dollars into a few hundred, and have also unfortunately made a $100 into $0...nothing special.

I am not the same player as I used to be. Making that $5 into $500, was proof to me that I have mastered some basics, namely bankroll management and proper play. More on that in another post, but I will say here it is one of the main reasons I started this site.

For now, I am divorcing myself from Bodog (until they have better payout options), and am playing at PokerStars grinding it out at .5/.10 and .10/.25. It took me about a week to adjust, because PS players are different monsters than the Bodogers.

Currently, I am down $40 as of last night due to some horrible suckouts. Not sure if I am playing tonight or this weekend.

No comments: