Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Poker Gambit Begins

You always want your first impression to be a good one, if not the best. It's that "Splash!" effect which is sought after in order to get the "Ooh!" reaction . I've blogged for many years now - five to be exact - and from experience, I know that it's not the first piece that gets you noticed, but constant effort that gets you prominence. Just like successful No-Limit poker players know, that it's not the one big pot that will rake in profits, but the small consistent ones that make your bankroll soar!

Let's not mistake this for a popularity contest. But, a promise of my best effort; the highest quality that I can offer to make this blog work. Everything else that follows is an aftereffect. Just like when you play your best game. It's not the money that you should worry about, but the best darn card playing you are capable of: the best raise, the best fold, the best bluff. What follows after is simply a result of your best effort - and that is money!

Anyway.

This is a poker blog. I enjoy playing poker. I also enjoy writing, so naturally it was only a matter of time that I write about poker. (Here would of been a good place to insert bio: how long I played...where I played...residence...occupation...wants...desires...favorite sex position...blah, blah, blah. But that would be a little too predictable, so let's savor moment and just know that we have begun.)

EDIT: ...okay, done with the moment. What we will server up here is nothing new. You'll find my goals as a poker player, strategy, hand analysis, commentary, what books I've read, interesting links, and some good old goofing around. Same as most, I am sure but the difference is it's mine, which means it's my perspective - and that's what matters most. If you find it worth sticking around then enjoy, if not then this is just another page on the vast world wide web.

Until the next hand...

No comments: