Friday, August 15, 2008

OM...Bankroll Management...OM...

Since I've moved to PokerStars from Bodog a few weeks ago, I've experienced the worst distribution of cards a player cares to see. Basically, I've been card dead for two weeks now. Batshit, is more interesting right now than the cards dealt to me.

My money on Bodog is actually still there, and the consideration right now is to leave it (or half), and continue to play there until the PokerStars fuck fest ceases. I think the same happened to me on PokerStars when they gratuitously gave me a few dollars for signing up via a promotion code; I managed convert those few bills to a couple of a hundred, and then the bullshit started and I tilted it off.

...sigh.

That's what I am not trying not to do - lose it all. Been there; done that. So besides ranting here, I am keeping my head cool, playing smart and not going on tilt. I can always recite 'Bank Roll Management' as a mantra, and make sure not to play above my limits, which by the way is the Golden Egg of not losing your bankroll.

By the way, how many times have you lost your bankroll? Me: 4 or 5 times, when I knew nothing about BRM (I have to admit that the last two times I did, and still managed to lose it, which goes to show it's not solely bankroll management to keep your investment, but learning the game and not going on tilt).

I'll end this post with a couple of links to some other players, who too, seem to equate August with The Suck. And a forum post at Two + Two, started by yours truly, entitled "How Many Times Broke?."

UPDATE: Being that I am playing like a full fledged nit, I am fairing a little better. I also see there are still yet others who like me, equate August with THE SUCK.

No comments: