Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Chat Banned!

Generally, I'm not an abusive player. Live and let live, is my motto. But, what a bunch of EGOMANIACS at PokeStars.

Now I'm not the most chivalrous one at all times, and can respond at the lowest of levels. - what's a little abrasiveness at the table? This is poker, not the Olympics...sometimes we just steeeeeeeeeam, if at either a player is rewarded by the poker gods for their dumb play, or they say something out their mouths straight, that we know should come sideways.

Let me tell you, I haven't witnessed a more sensitive, cry-babying, bunch of weiners than the players at PokerStars.

Here's a notice from PokerStars:

Hello ikeep -

We are writing to inform you that we have suspended your chat priv-
ilege for 24 hours as a result of your chat on 2008/08/16.

Name-calling and disparaging remarks about another member's
race, nationality, gender, or sexual preference is against
the Card Room Rules.

The use of vulgarity when addressing another player is not
allowed.

When asterisks are seen during chatting, it is a warning that
what is being put into the chatbox is not allowed. Using
spaces or other characters, or otherwise defeating the censor
is a violation of the Card Room Rules.

At the end of 24 hours, your chat will automatically
be reinstated. There is no need to write to support.

Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone
can feel comfortable. Abuse and other disruptions to the games takes
away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore will not be tolerated.

We thank you for your cooperation.


Regards,

PokerStars Chat Moderation Team


Oh, well...I guess I learned my lesson.

A more humorous post over at MeltedFelt.

No comments: